POINT BLANK ALPHA ELITE II BALLISTIC VEST WITH HI LITE CARRIER
Alpha Elite is dramatically different: It's the world’s first body armor to be designed around the revolutionary Dyneema® Force Multiplier Technology by DSM. This unique ballistic material assures that the Alpha Elite Series is first among the finest.
- Complies with NIJ 0101.06
- Woven Aramid and Polyethylene UD
- Ergonomically designed for a tailored fit with minimum visibility
- Self Suspending Ballistic System (SSBS) prevents rolling and sagging of ballistic panels inside the carrier
- Easy-access to ballistic suspension through peel-back shoulder design for easy doffing and donning
- Smart-Fabric technology helps keep you cool, dry and comfortable
- Active Stretch exterior fabric treated with
- Aegis® anti-microbial fabric technology
- Micro-Spacer Inner Mesh inset positioned along the parasternum features HeiQ moisture management and anti-microbial properties
- PowerNet Stretch Combo Plate Pockets accommodate 5" x 8", 6" x 8" or 8”x 10" SPEED plates in the front and back
- Four 2" x 10" elastic side straps with exclusive Elite PVC hook tabs offer 8-point adjustability
- Two 2" x11" Breath-O-Prene® shoulder straps
- Removable elastic cummerbund stabilizes vest and provides a secure fit
- Easy access panel removal with external
- YKK standard zipper on outer lower torso
- Aplix® brand fastener low profile loop used for side strap attachment points
- Narrow split front tail design provides a secure, less bulky fit
- Threat Level II
- Areal Density: 0.63 lb/sq ft
- Thickness: .18"
- 5-year warranty
- Includes a 5" x 8" soft trauma plate
- Made in the USA
BORN FROM SCIENCE.
A product of the DSM Dyneema® radical innovation program, the patented Force Multiplier Technology has been in development for more than three years.
DSM Dyneema made headlines when the company created the world’s strongest fiber, Dyneema. Now, company engineers have made it even stronger. Yet as strong as the fiber is, laminated sheets of Force Multiplier Technology ballistic material are so light and flexible that they appear semi-transparent — and they even float on water. This revolutionary combination of strength, light weight and flexibility is a result of innovations in two main areas:
1. POLYMER SCIENCE
DSM Dyneema engineers pushed the boundaries of polymer science by creating a completely unique ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) polymer. This polymer was created by DSM Dyneema’s patented gel-spinning technology. Using a gel of extremely high molecular weight, they spin it to disentangle the polymeric chain, drawing the fiber to superior ratios. The result is a fiber with strength heretofore simplyunknownto science.
2. UNIDIRECTIONAL MATRIX
In creating the ballistic material from the fiber itself, thousands and thousands of individual fiber filaments are aligned in a unique 0˚/90˚ configuration. In effect, unidirectional fibers are placed at right angles to one another and then laminated together. Each sheet is thus able to combine the unprecedented strength of the fiber with the pliant thinness of the matrix design.
PROVEN BY THE ELITE.
The Alpha Elite Series was born when Point Blank engineers tested more than 400 different materials to meet the military's needs. Dynemma's Force Multiplier Technology stood head-and-shoulders above all others. And it wasn’t really close.
Force Multiplier Technology met and exceeded the standards required for extremely high-performance military applications. And that also made it supremely suitable for both concealable and tactical body armor in law-enforcement applications. Our engineers discovered several truly outstanding performance characteristics of Force Multiplier Technology: