Among tourniquet brands, the SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is one of the top performing medical tourniquets currently available. It is the tourniquet of choice for many of the world's most elite and experienced warriors who have selected it for its outstanding ability to control severe bleeding, high level of reliability and ease of application. While some military units have replaced their issued tourniquets with the SOF®TT, other military units (including special forces) have implemented SOP's stating that the SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is to be used on all lower extremity bleeds. That means the SOF®TT is the tourniquet trusted to control the most severe extremity hemorrhage on the battlefield.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SOF® TACTICAL TOURNIQUET
- 100% Effective. Proven to be 100% effective during US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing.
- Simple application.
- Unlike other tactical medical tourniquets that require you to learn two methods of application and implement the proper method when under stress, the SOF®TT is applied the same way to an arm or leg. By accounting for the factors of human performance in combat, we have minimized the risk of failure. Applying a tourniquet should not be a multiple choice exam; It should be simple and straight forward. The SOF®TT provides the necessary effectiveness with an unmatched level of simplicity to increase the overall effectiveness of the device.
- Durability. The SOF®TT is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The special forces tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions.
- Reliable. The SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is designed to reduce the chance of accidental release or mechanical failure. Unlike other materials including Velcro®, the fastening system will perform when soiled, muddy, frozen, or wet.
- Safety set screw prevents accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement. The screw is not required to gain hemorrhage control, but it is recommended if the patient will be moved in a tactical environment.
- Dual locking rings offer a back up locking system.
Made in the USA.
NSN # 6515-01-530-7015
US PATENT: 8,303,620 and D649,642 and 7,776,064